Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Freedom Song- Equal rights

In Global Peace I am learning about Sarvodaya. This world is use by Gandhi, he came to use the term for the idea of his own political philosophy. This term meaning 'universal uplift' or 'progress of all'. To rise together and become one. Not to think about gender, to be equal. The purpose of these pieces were to be someone in history. To write a poem as if you where them. Then, to be yourself and write about your struggle. The most challenging part about this action project was doing the research. Seeing how women were treated so unfair was very hard. I was am very impressed about how I came to writing my poems.


Photography JV Equal Rights 2013*

Lucy Burns Song

I am Lucy Burns,

I was important women in my time.

I am a strong leader, I fight for all race.

I believe in my rights.

I am a women’s right advocate,

19th and 20th century we suffered.

I support my sisters.

I help women fight.

Not to hide behind men's light,

but to find our place.

I want women to be their own leader,

Alice Paul and I formed the National Women’s Party,

to vote on the same term as men.

Words speak louder than action,

to be nonviolent is an important part.

Women will rise together,

We will have courage.

To be all equal.




My Freedom Song
I am JV,

I was born to speak.

I have all these ideas to be heard.

I want to find my voice.

I will not hide or be scared,

I will fight against the odds and try,

I will refuse to be invisible.

People will not step all over me,

just because I am a minor.

Adults will listen to what I have to say.

I want to be important not seen as a child,

I want to be known.

My voice will rise.

I will be equal.

My voice will be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment