Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Color Purple.

The last unit in Forbidden books is called Diversity, we learned about why books have been forbidden for promoting diversity. To understand that better we had to pick a book for this class that has been banned. The book that I chose was The Color Purple, I picked this because when I was younger I saw the movie but didn't understand the meaning of it. I also wanted to find out why the book was censored in so many places. For this last action project we had to write a well crafted essay stating a thesis topic on the topic of our book. I picked to do an Literal, ethical, and symbolic level. I wanted to talk about God in my essay because that word was heavy used throughout the book, and so was religion. What was most challenging about this action project was writing it. Since I picked a hard topic it was hard developing my essay. What I am most proud of is how my essay came together and I really enjoyed reading the book.


The Color Purple: A new story for a Familiar Reader. library.duke.edu. 2008. 

No comments:

Post a Comment