Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!


This unit in the Ollywood class is called “Production”. We learned about the main elements of film production: lighting, camera angles, and acting. We practiced analyzing these techniques by watching different movies in class, and this action project, we were asked to produce a movie critique video. I was paired with a classmate named NOA; the movie that we picked is Beetlejuice. We picked this movie because we both grew up watching it, and thought it would be fun analyzing and presenting a movie critique of it. What I found most challenging about this action project was the actual filming; it was hard talking in front of a camera, but I’m sure I can work on it and now I have a better sense of how actors feel . What I enjoyed most about this project is how the movie critique came together and how well me and NOA worked together. The video is serious, yet funny and very informative. I hope people enjoy it!





Citations: 

Beetlejuice. Dir. Tim Burton. Perf. Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton. Touchstone, 1994. DVD.

Hamamura, Michiko. Banana Boat (Day O). SoundCloud, 2014. MP3.

No comments:

Post a Comment