Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Questioning Love?


My humanities course is called Forbidden Books, and focuses on why books have been banned over the course of history. In the first unit called Politics, we learned about why books have been forbidden for political reasons. We used “The Apology” which was written by Plato to dive deeper about this topic. For our first action project we used the Socratic Method, which is asking a series of questions and creating a discussion between two individuals.The topic that I chose was love, I picked this topic because I always question it. I wanted to do some research and see what other people thought about love. And I wanted to raise some questions. What I learned by using the Socratic Dialogue was you can be open, and ask any question that you have on your mind. The Socratic Method can be considered dangerous because you are asking questions that maybe people don’t want to answer because they see it as a threat, or want to hide the true answer. Overall I really enjoyed this unit, I learned a lot and I hope you enjoy my video!



Characters

Jpolis (Character 1, played by JV)

Jellis (Character 2, played by NC)

Filmed 2/10/15 in Skylight

Props: Chicako sign

Topic:
Love

Character #1: Oh, Jpolis I have fallen in love and I couldn't be happier!

Character #2: Well you are glowing so tell me about your love.

Character #1: I feel amazing, I’m up in the clouds. My head is all fuzzy my ,feelings are out of control, love has got me looking crazy. It's overt love.

Character #2: Everyone knows that love can be an amazing feeling. But what is it, can it be more than just a feeling?

Character # 1 Love can be a feeling that you feel towards anything, not just a certain feeling that you have for a person. It can be love for your parents, family members, friends, and pets. It can even be a item, a necklace that someone gave you can have meaning to it, and you love it.

Character #2: I never thought love could be like that. Does a necklace make your head fuzzy and make your feelings out of control? Is that how you define love?

Character #1: Yes a necklace could do that, but also many other items. The item can have a background story that can be caused by the person that gave you the necklace.

People may have different definitions on what love is due to the people they grew up with, but in the end , love has the same effect on everyone. Parents can demonstrate what love is by being caring and understanding towards you. They will tell you they love you and that will show unconditional love. But other people can show different versions of it.

Character #2: And what are those versions?

Character #1: Well like I said before, unconditional love is when you love a person no matter what. The opposite of that is conditional love, which means living up to one's expectations and pleasing them, then they will show you love. But if you don’t do that the love will fade away, then you know they are just using you, and don’t feel love towards you. 


Character #2: I never thought love could be like that. But how can these two types of love play a role in your teenage and adult life?

Character #1: Well if you were given unconditional love then you learned how to accept yourself for who you are and are happy just being you. You will also have high levels of confidence and self-esteem. With conditional love, which is common, you will find yourself having lower self-esteem, jealousy in relationships, suspicion, and insecurity.

Character #2: So what kind of love do you give?

Character #1: I think a little of both, it’s important to show both sides because you can develop a deeper relationship. That will also show the person you truly love them. 

Character # 2: I learned so much. Thank you, for your insight on love Jellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment