Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

No more Tonsils or Adenoids?

The title of the course is Cure, the course is divided into 3 units, each one representing a revolution in the history of western medicine: emergency, treatment and prevention. The first Unit was called "Emergency" which we learned about surgery as a primal method of healing in western medicine. Surgery lead us to an understanding of the different anatomic systems, organs and tissues. The purpose of our first Action Project was is to map a chosen surgery, by presenting the type of cells affected by the procedure and explaining the process of healing that takes place. The surgery that I picked was Tonsillectomy, the reasoning I chose this surgery was because I had this producer done on me when I was younger. I had both my Tonsils and Adenoids taken out. I wanted to learn more about the surgery, and how it was done. My experience wasn't that bad, I healed in 3 weeks, the pain was mild I was on a liquid diet and the only bad thing was I couldn't eat like a normal 8 year old. I really enjoyed this project, I learned a lot and I like how my prezi came together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment