Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

All in the Family.

In the third and last unit of the Cure course, we studied the revolution that happened in Western Medicine with the discovery of vaccines, turning medicine to the direction of prevention. In Math, we studied equations, and connecting them with real-life scenarios.  The last action project was to take on the role of a very specific kind of doctor which would be yourself , your own "prevention doctor", empowering yourself to make healthy choices regarding nutrition and complementary approaches to leading a healthy life. We created a video to represent that. I talked about Diabetes because it does run in my family, I wanted to address how people can prevent it from happening to them. I really enjoyed this whole course. I loved learning about taking taking a different option on medicine and how there are so many different ways that you can cure yourself without going to the doctor in some cases. For our last field experience we had a guest speaker who taught us about plant medicine, she showed and taught us how to make Fire Cider, and Healing balm. Which are two alternative ways to treat yourself when you are sick or hurt. I learned so much throughout this course and also improved in math which I am proud of myself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment