Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Chapter 108

My humanities class is called Equality. In this class, we focus on Equality for women and people of color. We have discussions in class on how people can view the world differently and how we can make the world a better place. Our purpose is to change the norm of stereotypes and how people are viewed based on their gender and race. The first unit was called History, and in that unit we learned about historical background of race, gender and class to gain a greater understanding of the current context of these issues. The purpose of this Action Project was to recount a historical event through, and make it into a chapter that is in a textbook. The historical event I chose was when the Cubs won the 2016 World Series. I chose this event because it is very special to me and my family. This event relates to gender and race, Chicago is known for being one of the most violent cities in the United States. When the Cubs won the World Series, nobody was paying attention to race or gender. The city came together as one to celebrate the big victory. I had to interview someone that was there during the event. I chose to interview my boyfriend because he was with me when the Cubs won the World Series. We went to Wrigley Field the night the Cubs won. It was so crowded and so much fun. Everybody was screaming and running. There was so many people that the police came and had to gate and guard certain areas. I will never forget that night, I was apart of history. That Friday we attempted to go to the rally but there was just too many people. I enjoyed doing this project it was nice reminiscing on such a big event that took place in my city.


No comments:

Post a Comment