Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Natural Gas- Methane


The purpose of this Action Project was to create a presentation that explains a specific energy producing nonrenewable source. I chose to study natural gas, and found that it is mainly made up of methane. I chose to research methane because this natural gas heats homes and is a big source of energy that we use in our everyday lives. In my presentation I had to find two points for natural gas. One point measures the original amount of this source, and the other point measures how much of the source existed today. After finding these two points I had to make a graph and predict when the resource will run out. I predicted that the resource will be gone in 545.45 years from now. We are using so much natural gas, what will happen when we run out?


What I found most challenging about this Action Project was doing all the research and finding my two points. How I overcame this challenge was finding good web sites and getting reputable information. I also got detailed information from a person that I interviewed about natural gas. What I enjoyed most about this project was finding out so much information about natural gas and how we get it and use it. I never thought I would be so interested in researching about different types of fuel. It is so interesting to me to ask questions, what will we do if we run out of this essential resource? I am most proud of how my presentation turned out I worked hard and did a lot of research!

No comments:

Post a Comment