Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Cherishing Family

The purpose of this Action Project in the humanities class Who am I? is to become a time machine and tell a story that brings people back by using different senses. I had to come up with a memory that defines me as person and how it shapes me. I chose to write about how I cherish the people in my life. What I found most challenging was bringing in props to present my memory by using senses. How I came over this challenge was by bringing in all the right materials to make my memory feel real. What I am most proud of is letting people know who I cherish most in my life.

                                                                                        Created by JV Six Flags 2014*

On April 20, 2013 I spent a day at Six Flags Great America that I will never forget. We walked among people with big smiles on their faces, pushed through the smell of funnel cake in the air, and talked to each other over the tracks of the roller coasters and the people screaming because of them. The lively park was perfectly balance by the calm weather, feeling warm on my skin and the sun shining. I strolled through the park with my sisters, boyfriend, and hundreds of others that were there that day laughing, making fun of each other, and fighting over which ride to get on. A couple hundred miles away, hundreds of people’s laughter turned into screams when 3 people were killed in the bombing at the Boston marathon. As I go to Six flags it lets me forget about everything that is going on in the world and also in my life.

It brings back so many memories when I was a child. This memory defines me because as a little girl I would be brave and sneak on all the crazy big roller coasters. That was when I started to show that I was really brave, even though I was terrified of heights. My family always took me to Six Flags and I cherished the moments with my family. When I experienced it with my boyfriend, it made it even more interesting. I wanted to go on the big rides while he was scared, he thought I was crazy. He made me realize I’m even braver than I thought. Because of that I cherish him in my life even more. If I didn't have my boyfriend in my life I wouldn't be the person I am now, he teaches me things about myself that I didn't even realize. This memory will relate to Jung’s collective unconscious because everybody at some point in their life has gone to six flags, a carnival, or festival. They have gone on roller coasters and maybe faced their fear. They also shared memories with people that they cherish in their life. My Grandmas has always told me to cherish what I have in me life. This experience taught me to cherish the tradition of going to Six Flags every year. To have great memories and learning how to be brave. This experience shapes me to cherish all the people I have in my life to shape me and show me how brave I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment