Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Travel Of Tea.

The purpose of this Unit, Death, was to learn about our global food system by tracking the distribution chain of a specific food. We also had to make a Prezi to feel like we are actually traveling with the food. The food that I choose was Tazo Green Tea. I choose tea because I love it, and I drink tea every morning. An interesting fact that I learned about Tazo tea is that Starbucks owns it. What I enjoyed most about this unit was learning so much about the food chain, where different types of foods came from, and how food is processed. I used to wonder why there were apples in the middle of winter and now I know why. The reason for that is apples will be grown in places that are warm, and then shipped to the United States. Do you wonder how many hands touch the apples before you eat them? That is what I wanted to find out during this Action Project. What surprised me the most was how much the tea pickers in China get paid. Their salary is around $4.00 a day while Starbucks-Tazo tea makes 1.5 billion yearly. What I am most proud of is my research, it was really hard finding the salary of the workers but at the end it all came together. I also view food differently because most foods travel across the world without us knowing what’s happening to it or who is touching it. Check out my Prezi down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment