Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

1857

Policy was my last humanities class as a Junior at GCE Lab School. The last unit was called Judge, in which we learned about the purpose and powers of the judicial branch, and how those powers have been executed throughout history. I learned so much throughout this course; the concepts I learned really changed my view on how society works. Learning about the different branches, of ablement American politics works made me feel like our country is still a very racist country. America needs to change; we need to stop electing people who have racist mindsets, and start electing those who that truly want to change America to become a better place for all people. The last Action Project in the course was to document a historical Supreme Court or international tribunal ruling and analyze how it has affected society since. The case I chose was Dred Scott vs Sanford (1857), I chose this case because it’s very important in US history in terms of race relations and citizenship. I’m glad I picked this case; I learned a lot from it. What I’m proud of is how I’m developing as a writer and researcher, and I’m excited to see myself continue to grow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment