Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day Care Shenanigans.

Over the summer I completed my community services hours. I volunteered at my best friends, aunts day care. It was an amazing experience, I got to bond with beautiful kids and learned how to have so much patience for them. I love working with little kids, they're so much fun and silly. The owner of the day care lives in Jefferson Park, which was awesome because I live in that neighborhood as well and all I had to do was walk to her house which was awesome. I started volunteering in August and would volunteer on weekdays. I did 8 hours each day. There were two main kids at the daycare that I took care of. A girl named Samara who is 2 years old, she was born in Haiti and just recently moved to America. She is the sweetest little girl I’ve ever meet, she’s so patient and quiet. She will listen to you and wants you to play with her. Even though she’s only 2 years old she is so driven and wants to know everything that’s going on. She also picked up English and Spanish really fast, which was really surprising to me. She is a very bright little girl. Sebastian is the other kid I took care off. He is 4 years old, and such a silly little boy. He loved jumping around and voicing his opinion. He is very adventurous and loved to play with me and Samara. Getting to know these two kids was such a blessing. I got to teach them how to read, write the ABC’s, write their names. and how to count to 10. I also looked after them as they played taught them how to be nice to one another and got to feed them, and cleaned up after them.

Playground. Taken by JV. 2016. 
My last date at the daycare was September 18, 2016. It was really hard for me to say goodbye to the kids. I actually went over my community service hours because I enjoyed being with them so much. Ely is the owner of the day care, and I want to thank her for letting me join her and helping her out. Ely is so sweet and I can tell she really enjoys her job, and she loves the kids she looks after. I would definitely go back and volunteer there again. I loved the experience and I loved meeting the kids.

Toy Area. Taken by JV. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment