Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

After High School

My first STEAM course for senior year is called Economics. The first unit is called Utility and Value; this unit taught us how to make our own decisions when it comes to money and our future. We learned the meaning of utility as a way of modeling choices, and we also learned about economic and mathematical concepts like supply and demand, calculating with a matrix, continuously compounding, and simple compounding, and continuously compounding interest. On our first Field Experience, we went to the Federal Bank of Chicago. This FE was interesting;I learned a lot about the market, deflation, how much money Illinois shreds everyday, and how much money the FED bank carries. I can’t wait to see what the other FE’s are going to be like for this class. The purpose of this Action Project is to look at a reality that I will consider to be my future profession. I choose to pick two different paths for my future and see which one will benefit me the most. I calculated the real cost of college based on the two colleges I picked. What I found challenging was the calculations, but I overcame that struggle by meeting with my teacher and asking questions. What I enjoyed about this project was seeing what path is better for my future.



No comments:

Post a Comment