Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Till I see you again.


The purpose of this Action Project for my Humanities class, Who am I? was to find a important dream and analyze it for its meaning. My dream was about my grandfather and how he is sending me a message. The most challenging part about this Action Project was writing about my grandfather. What I am most proud of is my dream catcher, it means a lot to me and I love how it came out. 

Photography JV PEACE 2014*
The center of my dream catcher symbolizes peace and love. I want my life to be full of happiness and my bliss is anything that I love doing. When I am asleep my unconscious sends me messages in the form of dreams. I want these dreams to lead my life in the right direction. In the middle of my dream catcher is a heart to symbolize my love for my family. The colors of my dream catcher is mainly light neutral colors. I chose colors like that because they make me feel calm and safe. I wanted the center of my dream catcher look like a star because I really like how that design looks. The star has six points and I put 6 beads in the middle. The points of the star and the beads symbolize the number of people in my family. The six feathers represent my family that I want each member of my family to be safe.

Photography JV PEACE 2014*

I attached a 6” dream catcher on the bottom of the 8” one to symbolize my grandfather because I feel like he is still with us, and he watching over my family. For his dream catcher I put 15 beads representing his children and grandchildren. To symbolize negative elements I tied knots in my dream catcher, I did that to show struggles that I have in my life. I want my dream catcher to filter anything that may repress my desires.  
                                                                                                            
                                                                      Photography JV PEACE 2014*

The dream that I had that inspired me to make my dream catcher was about my grandfather. He had passed away and that same night I had a dream about him. He was wearing all white and told me not to be sad anymore, for my family not to worry that he is fine and he is okay now. He said to be happy and that we will all see him again soon. 

If I could go back to the dream, then I would ask my grandfather some questions. I would ask him why did he only reach out to me? I would ask him if he was okay. And If I ever had this dream again, then I would want it to last longer. I would want to talk to my grandfather and tell him I love him. What I learned about dreams during this project, is that people can have similar dreams. My boyfriend and I both had dream about a relative that we care about that had passed away. I also learned that dreams can send you messages, that you don’t even realize. I think that that is really interesting because dreams can tell you your future or what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment