Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Who Are You?


The purpose of this action project in the Humanities class Who am I? was to come up with a guiding question that can guide my life. My Guiding Question is Who are you? I came up with this question because I think a lot of people think about this in their lives. What was most challenging was coming up with a guiding question because I didn't want mine to be too confusing. What I am most proud of is how my essay came out. I think it is really interesting. I will like to grow as a writer, that is why I chose to write an essay rather than doing a slide show. I hope my guiding question inspires you to find out who the people in your life are.



                        David Brooks. Who You Are then What You Do28 May 2012. Internet: SWiVELtime.com. 10 Feb 2014.

Who are you? On the Truman show, Truman Burbank was a real life reality TV star not knowing who he was. Truman became suspicious of his perceived reality and embarked on a quest to discover the truth about his life . Truman’s wife did not love Truman because she was an actor, she was just a part of the play. While, one of the actresses on the show, Sylvia, who really did care about Truman was kicked out of Truman’s world (The Truman Show) for attempting to tell him the truth about his reality. She made Truman think about his life. What if the people that come in and out of your life are like Sylvia? What if they were kicked off the show because they were trying to tell you that your life was fake? Who are the people in your everyday life? Do you think the people in your life care about you? Or are they all actors? Are you part of the Truman show?


I want you to think about the people in your life. Do you ever have scruple about the idea of people being real to you? Perception allows you to see the people around you in different ways, how do you know if people are lying? How do you know what people really want from you? How do you know if someone is sincere? A psychiatrist can help a person with paranoia, and offer that person medication and weekly meetings to help them understand the people in their life. A social worker can help people overcome trauma or past experiences and help them perceive the world in a different way. They can also tell you to meditate. Which is to calm your body and mind, to be at peace with yourself. 


WHO ARE YOU? Do you doubt who you are? What do the people in your life want from you? What do they expect? Do the people in your life truly love you do they care about your feelings? Do they care if anything will happen to you? This question is important to me because I think I know the people in my life. Or are they all lying to me? What risks will you take to find out? I would examine people around me at all times. I know many people around the world have the same question. This goes for all humanity because we need to know the people around us. We do not know when people are lying or if they are telling the truth. The people in your life can be like Truman’s wife they can just act like they love you or care about you. Is someone watching your life? Are you on the other side of the TV? Is every single person in your life true to you? Have you ever taken any risks to find out? Have you ever look around you to find out who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment